The Golden Plough Lodge serves persons whose needs can no longer be met within the community, whose medical conditions are relatively stable, and who do not require intense, ongoing intervention by physicians and other health care professionals. Residents may however, still have a serious condition, requiring very intensive personal care or complex medical needs requiring nursing expertise.
- All programs are focused to meet the needs of our residents.
- Value is placed on treating our residents with dignity and respect through compassion, promoting personalized care.
- Each resident's care program is prescribed by the resident's attending physician in collaboration with an interdisciplinary care team.
- The Nursing team consists of representation from Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Personal Support Workers, Administrative Support, and a Director and Associate Director of Resident Care.
- The Nursing department works closely with other departments such as Dietary and Life Enrichment to provide a complete spectrum of care for the resident.
- Increased mobility and independence are encouraged, planned and supported by contracted Physiotherapy services.
- Private dental services, among our list of professional services, are available to the residents.
- The Psychiatric Assessment for Seniors team (PASE) are available for support and regular consultations. Our home has ongoing access to a psychiatrist and a psychiatric nurse as needed.
Our residents do not live in our place of work, it is we who work in our resident's home.