Food 4 All
Food 4 All is a non-profit centralized food distribution warehouse located in Cobourg, Ontario. This collaborative project was created to ensure a higher level of food security in Northumberland County. The warehouse acquires food and other essential items and redistributes them to local community agencies who in turn distribute them to their clients.
Food 4 All is continually fighting to alleviate hunger in communities across Northumberland County. Every year thousands of people throughout the County rely on emergency food assistance and Food 4 All helps serve the majority of these people through community food banks and meal programs provided by our member agencies.
Food 4 All distributes the following product to over 70 community groups, 40 school programs, 15 food banks and 5 OAFB Hub food banks:
- Canned goods, non-perishable food
- Other items such as personal products and cleaning supplies
- Fresh local beef
- Eggs and frozen pork through the Ontario Association of Food Banks (OAFB)
- Liquid / powdered milk or gift cards for milk through our "Milk 4 Families" program
- Vouchers for free produce at local farmers markets
More about Food 4 All:
- Provides funding to support the "Good Food Box" program
- Partners with schools to improved nutrition programs
- Supports the "Food 4 Kids" program, and has distributed over 950 backpacks/bags filled with food supplies to local students since 2014
- Manages the Hunger Count tracking system for all Northumberland food banks
- Distributed 1.2 million pounds of product (valued at $2.50 per pound equals $3,000,000) in 2015
- Has 12-15 volunteers working over 2,000 hours per year to help warehouse operations run smoothly
- Offers an Online Booking Tool for members to book a date/time to pick up product from the warehouse
Bringing together people, partnerships and possibilities!